Salmon salad with a tasty twist
• 4 x 150g salmon fillets
• grated rind 1 large un-waxed lemon
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
For the salad:
• 2 shallots, finely sliced
• 1 head fennel, trimmed and thinly sliced
• 4 handfuls rocket leaves
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
1) Put the salmon in a shallow, non-metallic dish.
2) Whisk the lemon rind, olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper and rub the mixture all over the salmon.
3) Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
4) To make the salad, simply toss all the ingredients together and divide between four serving plates.
5) Heat a frying pan until hot and add the salmon skin side up.
6) Cook for 4-5 minutes, then turn over and cook for a further 4 minutes, until the salmon is just cooked through.
7) Sit the salmon on top of the salad.
8) Pour the marinade into the pan and allow to bubble for a few minutes.
9) Pour over the salmon and serve straight away. The most stylish wine match for this dish is Rioja Crianza – a juicy young red, with a subtle hint of oak. Serving red wine with fish may seem to break all the rules. But when you match a Crianza with tuna or salmon, it’s a great combination!