Terms and Conditions
1. Promoter: Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited of Yeomans Drive, Blakelands, Milton Keynes, MK14 5AN.
2. Votes will be submitted via this micro-site www.marieclaire.com/timeless50. Voters will then be directed to www.timeless50.com to register their details to enter the competition. The closing date for entries will be midnight GMT on Sunday 15th November 2009 (“the Closing Date”).
3. There is a total of 1 x £500 shopping spree at Selfridges (“the First Prize”). This will be provided in the form of vouchers, sent directly to the winner by recorded delivery.
4. The second prizes are 5 x £100 Selfridges vouchers for the runners up (“the Second Prize”). This will be provided in the form of vouchers, sent directly to each of the Second Prize winners by recorded delivery.
5. The promotion is open to all residents of the UK, including the Channel Islands, aged 18 years or over, except Marie Claire / Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited employees, their agents or contractors, Volkswagen Group brand retailers and anyone else connected with the promotion.
6. By entering the promotion, the participants agree:
a. to be bound by these terms and conditions;
b. that their surname and county of residence may be released if they win a prize;
c. that should they win the promotion, their name, photograph and location likeness may be used by Marie Claire / Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited for pre-arranged promotional purposes including future marketing materials, promotions and/or prize draws.
7. Entrants should enter via the vote page www.marieclaire/timeless50. Emails will not be accepted and entries received after the Closing Date will not be considered.
8. Entrants will be directed to the Volkswagen Timeless 50 site – www.timeless50.com – to register their vote and entry.
9. Only one entry will be permitted per person, regardless of method of entry. Bulk entries made by third parties will not be permitted.
10. No responsibility is accepted for entries that are illegible or lost, delayed or damaged in the voting process online. Entries not submitted in accordance with these rules, delayed, damaged, incomplete, altered or illegible will be disqualified.
11. The prizes are subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize with a prize of equivalent value in the event of circumstances outside its control.
12. The winning entrant(s) will be drawn at random, from all valid entries received, after the Closing Date, but no later than 30th November 2009. Marie Claire’s / Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited’s decision as to the winner is final and no correspondence relating to the promotion will be entered. The winner(s) will be notified within by email no later than 7th December 2009.
13. There is no cash alternative and the prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable. Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred.
14. The name of the winners and the prizes won will be made available on receipt of s self-addressed pre-paid envelope received by the Promoter in writing before 21st December 2009. The name of the prize draw must be stated in the subject heading of the letter to the Promoter.
15. Marie Claire and Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions or to cancel, alter, amend or foreclose the promotion at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control without prior notice.
16. If the winner of First or Second prizes are unable to be contacted within one calendar month of the promotion’s Closing Date, Marie Claire / Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited reserves the right to offer the prize to a runner up, to re-offer the prize in any future Marie Claire / Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited promotion, and is entitled to dispose of the prize as it sees fit, without liability to the winner(s) for having done so.
17. Marie Claire / Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant arising from his or her entry into the promotion or occurring to the winner(s) arising from his or her acceptance of a prize.
18. Your personal data will be held by Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited and will be passed to Marie Claire for the purpose of administering the prize draw and contacting the winner.
19. The promotion is subject to the laws of England.