Claudia Lawrence has been missing since 18 March
The mother of missing chef Claudia Lawrence has made an emotional appeal for help to find her daughter, describing the ordeal as ‘every parent’s worst nightmare’.
In a police statement, which was reported on BBC news, Joan Lawrence said, ‘We are devastated and miss and love her so much.’
Detectives are now treating the disappearance of Miss Lawrence, 35, who was last seen on 18 March, as murder. The last sighting of Claudia was as she was leaving the University of York’s Goodricke College, where she works as a chef.
In a moving appeal, Joan continued, ‘Our children, no matter how old they are, are still the most precious things in our lives. I am blessed with two beautiful daughters, not only beautiful on the outside, but inside as well. The response so far has been fantastic but unfortunately as we speak, our attempts have been unsuccessful in finding Claudia. Come forward with any information no matter how insignificant or trivial [you] think it may be.’
Meanwhile, officers want to speak to a man and a woman seen on Melrosegate Bridge at 5.35am on Thursday, 19 March. The couple were seen near an electricity substation on the route, which Miss Lawrence normally took to walk to work.
Police said they did not know if it was Miss Lawrence but described it as a ‘significant sighting‘.
Mrs Lawrence said: ‘Somebody else must know who that [man] is from the description; husband, partner, brother, neighbour, workmate. We really need to know, even if it is just to eliminate them.’
Crimestoppers has put up a £10,000 reward in connection with the investigation.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE WORLD NEWS