Enjoy the last of the summer dining.
• 4 chicken breasts or 8 thighs and legs, skinned
• 1tbsp olive oil
• 4 spring onions, chopped
• 400g can black-eyed beans, drained
• 250g baby spinach, washed and drained
• 3tbsp double cream• Pinch of nutmeg
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
For the marinade
• 1 small pot of natural yogurt
• Juice of 1 large lemon
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• Large knob of ginger, peeled and grated
• 2 red chillies, chopped
• 1tsp ground cinnamon
1) To make the marinade, mix together all the ingredients, add the chicken and leave to marinate overnight if possible.
2) Sear the chicken on a hot barbecue or griddle, then reduce the heat and cook for about 10-15 minutes on the barbecue, or 20 minutes in the oven at gas mark 4/180°C/ 350°F. Watch the chicken carefully, overcooking will really spoil the flavour. Cook until the flesh is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
3) To prepare the veg, heat the oil in a pan and sauté the spring onions lightly until softened.
4) Add the beans and stir to heat through, then add the spinach and cook until the leaves are just wilted.
5) Add the cream and nutmeg, and season. Serve with the chicken.