The most decadant way to serve scallops
• 12 king scallops
• 12 asparagus tips
• 250g button mushroom
• 1.5dl champagne
• 1dl cream
• 100g butter, cut in small cubes
1) Clean the scallops from their shells and coral.
2) Bring water to the boil, and cook the asparagus for 5 minutes dependent on size, but do not over cook, it has to stay a little bit crunchy. Allow them to cool and put to the side.
3) Clean the mushrooms, cut in half, then fry gently in a pan until light brown colour. Add the asparagus to reheat.
4) Heat another frying pan, when nice and hot, add a knob of butter and fry the scallops until golden brown on both sides, which shouldn’t take more then three minutes. Add the champagne, then the cream, stir for 1 minute, remove the scallops, reduce the sauce and add the cold butter. Whisk firmly.
5) Empty the vegetables onto warm plates, place 3 scallops on top, then garnish with some chervil. Pour the sauce around the edge of the plate.
6) Best enjoyed with a glass of Champagne Montaudon Brut Réserve Première NV.