Enjoy this salad taste explosion!
This is a delicious salad because of its balance of different tastes: the perfumed heat of the sauce is mellowed by the caramelized sweetness of the sweet potato. The saltiness of the chorizo means that all the different flavour groups are working together.
• 2 medium sweet potatoes, washed and cut into chunks
• 2 tbs olive oil
• 2 tsp paprika
• 2 tsp garlic
• 200g (7oz) chorizo, sliced
• 275g (10oz) oyster or flat field mushrooms, sliced
• 1 lemon, zest and juice
• 4 spring onions, finely sliced
• 2 tbs flat leaf parsley or fresh parsley
• 1 bag rocket leaves
• 1⁄2 tsp sugar
• 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
• Pinch of crushed chillies
• Sea salt and black pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200oC, 400oF, Gas Mark 6.
2. Place the sweet potato on a roasting tray and drizzle with 1 tbs olive oil, sprinkle over 1 tsp paprika, season and roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until soft and caramelised.
3. Heat the remaining olive oil and fry the garlic gently. Add the chorizo and fry for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the mushrooms and cook quickly on a high heat for a further 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Sprinkle in the remaining paprika and the juice of 1⁄2 the lemon.
6. Transfer to bowl and stir in the spring onions, 1 tbs parsley, the cooked sweet potato and the rocket.
7. To make the dressing, mix the lemon zest, remaining lemon juice, sugar, extra virgin olive oil and crushed chillies together. Season to taste.
8. Place the salad on a serving plate, drizzle over the dressing and serve immediately.