A delicious spicy prawn dish
• 3 tbs olive oil
• 75g (3oz) tamarind paste
• 3 tsp Schwartz Chinese 5 Spice Special Blend
• 12 large raw prawns, in their shells
• 1 green apple
• 1⁄4 celeriac, peeled
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 3 tbs mixed seeds (sesame, sunflower, pumpkin, poppy)
• 2 tbs pomegranate seeds
• Sesame seeds
• Sea salt
1. Mix the olive oil with 1 tbs of the tamarind paste and the Chinese 5 Spice to make the marinade for the prawns.
2. Peel the prawns, removing the heads and keeping the tails in tact.
3. Use the point of a knife to cut a small incision in the prawns abdomen to prevent it shrinking during cooking.
4. Add the prawns to the marinade, cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, grate the apple and celeriac. Soak in a bowl of ice-cold water and the lemon juice for 10 minutes.
6. Drain and dry on kitchen towel.
7. To make the chutney, mix together the remaining tamarind paste and the mixed seeds and pour into a small bowl.
8. Cook the prawns under a medium-heat grill for 2-3 minutes. Turn over, baste with the remaining marinade and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, until pink and cooked through.
9. Mix the celeriac and apple with the pomegranate seed and pour into a serving bowl.
10. Season with salt, drizzle with olive oil and top with the cooked prawns.
11. Garnish with Sesame Seeds and serve immediately with the tamarind chutney.
Serves 4 as a starter or light lunch.