Create cupcakes for tea with the girls or a light and fluffy Victoria Sponge for a picnic in the park with this traditional recipe...
Create cupcakes for tea with the girls or a light and fluffy Victoria Sponge for a picnic in the park with this traditional recipe.
Number of Servings: 12-14
Preparation Time: 12 Mins
Cooking Time: 25-35 Mins
115g (4 oz) Stork Baking
115g (4 oz) castor sugar
2 eggs, medium
140g (5 oz) self-raising flour, sieved
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
55g (2 oz) chopped fresh strawberries
1 tablespoon strawberry jam
150ml Elmlea Whipping, whipped
Icing sugar, to dredge
Red food colouring, optional
Fresh strawberries to decorate
Black Friday 2021
1. Place all cake ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat together until smooth. Fold in strawberries.
2. Place heaped tablespoons of the mixes in 12 cupcake cases.
3. Bake in centre of pre-heated oven at 180° C, (fan oven 160-170° C), Gas mark 4 for 20-25 minutes. Cool on wire tray.
4. Mix the whipped Elmlea with a little icing sugar to taste and if using add a little food colouring to achieve a pretty pink colour. Pipe over the cupcakes.
5. Decorate with fresh strawberries.