A simple pasta sauce you can whip up in minutes, but tastes amazing
This is a very simple pasta sauce, so it’s worth using the best ingredients you can lay your hands on.
• 500g asparagus
• 2 cloves garlic, sliced
• 25g butter
• olive oil
• salt and pepper
1) Put a large pot of salted water on to boil
2) Snap the woody ends off the asparagus and slice the spears finely
3) Melt the butter in a large frying pan, fry the sliced garlic and just when it’s starting to colour, add the sliced asparagus. Season well.
4) Cook slowly for 5 minutes, stirring. I always add a spoonful or so of water at this point to make it a bit more sauce-like. When the asparagus feels tender, turn off the heat and allow to sit while you cook the pasta.
5) Cook the pasta in the boiling water. When it’s done, drain, but make sure you reserve some of the cooking water.
6) Mix the asparagus with the pasta, grate in lots of parmesan and stir well, adding splashes of the cooking water if it starts to get sticky or dry.
7) Serve with extra parmesan and lots of pepper.
Recipe courtesy of www.foodfullstop.com