How do we love thee? Let us count the ways
Confession: a picture of Adele’s face is our screensaver. We love her that much.
Not only is she the creator of music that stirs sentient beings deep inside, she’s also ridiculously funny. It’s a winning combination and we’re utterly seduced. Let’s take a moment to remember some times Adele was a truly terrific human…
1. The time her vocal quality was questioned.
David Bowie’s producer Tony Visconti bizarrely suggested to The Daily Star that Adele’s vocals may have been ‘manipulated’ to make them sound better (?!).
‘You turn the radio on and it’s fluff, you are listening to 90 per cent computerized voices,’ he said. ‘We know Adele has a great voice but it’s even questionable if that is actually her voice or how much has been manipulated. We don’t know.’
Obviously Adele had something to say about this. Addressing the criticism at one her shows, she said:
‘Some d—head tried to say that my voice was not me on record.
‘Dude, suck my d—.’
2. When she told fans at a concert in San Jose about how her credit card was declined on a shopping spree: ‘I went to H&M and my card got declined. Oh my days, pretty embarrassing. Nobody knew it was me, but I was mortified.’ Adele = all of us.
3. The time she was all of us trying to twerk.
4. The time she gave a shout-out to her three-year-old son, Angelo, during a London date of her world tour. He was watching her perform for the very first time and the tribute came during her rendition of Someone Like You
Adele’s World Tour that same day and Adele quickly turned Hayley’s frown upside down: she enlisted the help of the arena’s 11,000 strong audience to get a firm yes out of Neil and then invited herself to the wedding. Hero.
Discover & Share this Mic GIF with everyone you know. GIPHY is how you search, share, discover, and create GIFs.
7. The time she was such a good sport on the Ellen Show. The hidden camera sketch she takes part in is glorious. Adele’s comic timing is immpeccable: she impersonates a deer and eats some rather indigestible looking green roughage in the name of entertainment. What a woman.
Instagram, captioned ‘getting ready’, and also this snap of herself in the morning time, captioned ‘I woke up like this’. Both are hilariously relateable and fly in the face of all those samey ‘inspirational’ images that clog our social media feeds. High five, Adele.
Photo credit: Instagram / @adele
11. She’s written a dirty rap. Yup. And it’s so dirty that Adele, who rarely has a filter, couldn’t even share it with her audience. ‘I have a rap that I couldn’t possibly rap for you. It’s much dirtier than Nicki’s. It’s very sexual.’ Oi, oi, Adkins.
Discover & Share this Adele GIF with everyone you know. GIPHY is how you search, share, discover, and create GIFs.
12. She forgot the lyrics to Million Years Ago and reacted in EXACTLY the way we would – by swearing LOADS.