Are we even surprised these outrageous quotes came out of his mouth?
Ah, Donald Trump quotes. You can always rely on Trump for providing us with the most ridiculous and outrageous statements that often result in a distinctly unique feeling of combined and immense anger/frustration/disbelief. So it’s no surprise that since announcing his candidacy for President – and then actually bagging the job thanks to the US election result 2016 – we’ve been exposed to a steady slew of ridiculousness from the businessman-turned-TV personality-turned-Leader Of The Free World.
With his moving date for The Whitehouse fast-approaching, many thought that the President-elect of the United States of America would be turning over a new leaf for 2017 and keep the questionable quotes to a minimum. Trump, however, decided to kick off the New Year by tweeting a strange message to his ‘many enemies.’
‘Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don’t know what to do. Love!’
The most outrageous Donald Trump quotes, ever
1. “We are going to have an unbelievable, perhaps record-setting turnout for the inauguration, and there will be plenty of movie and entertainment stars. All the dress shops are sold out in Washington. It’s hard to find a great dress for this inauguration.”
2. “Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don’t know what to do. Love!”
Not the best way to kick off the New Year Donald…
3. “An ‘extremely credible source’ has called my office and told me that Barack Obama’s birth certificate is a fraud”
Trump was determined to ‘expose’ President Obama’s birthplace back in 2012, and even claimed to have sent investigators to Hawaii in the hopes of proving Obama wasn’t born in the United States.
4. “Robert Pattinson should not take back Kristen Stewart. She cheated on him like a dog & will do it again – just watch. He can do much better!”
Clearly Donald is a Team Edward kind of guy…
5. “Ariana Huffington is unattractive, both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man – he made a good decision.”
Trump always has charming things to say about successful, prominent women – but he stooped particularly low with this comment about Huffington Post founder.
6. “Meryl Streep, one of the most over-rated actresses in Hollywood, doesn’t know me but attacked last night at the Golden Globes. She is a Hillary flunky who lost big. For the 100th time, I never “mocked” a disabled reporter (would never do that) but simply showed him “groveling” when he totally changed a 16 year old story that he had written in order to make me look bad. Just more very dishonest media!”
This was his response to that Meryl Streep Golden Globes speech… Mature, Trump. As always…
7. “I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”
Oh for goodness sake.
8. “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending the best. They’re not sending you, they’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bring crime. They’re rapists… And some, I assume, are good people.”
Just another casually racial slur, then…
9. “Our great African-American President hasn’t exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore.”
Don’t worry, his racist outbursts aren’t just directed at Mexico.
10. “If I were running ‘The View’, I’d fire Rosie O’Donnell. I mean, I’d look at her right in that fat, ugly face of hers, I’d say ‘Rosie, you’re fired.’”
Trump has infamously hated on Rosie O’Donnell, making crude, sexist and misogynistic remarks about her on multiple occasions.
11. “All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me – consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.”
Because of course, no woman can resist Trump’s charms. [Throws up on keyboard]
12. “One of they key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace. Good people don’t go into government.”
Well at least he’s showing some self awareness.
13. “The beauty of me is that I’m very rich.”
And not that fabulous barnet of yours?
14. “It’s freezing and snowing in New York – we need global warming!”
Definitely not missing the point…
15. “I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”
Possibly (/definitely) one of the creepiest things we’ve ever heard…
16. “My fingers are long and beautiful, as, it has been well documented, are various other parts of my body.”
17. “I have never seen a thin person drinking Diet Coke.”
We’re glad he’s so concerned about the obesity crisis.
18. “I think the only difference between me and the other candidates is that I’m more honest and my women are more beautiful.”
Women aren’t possessions, Donald. They can’t belong to you.
19. “You’re disgusting.”
To put this into context, Donald Trump said this to the opposing lawyer during a court case when she asked for a medical break to pump breast milk for her three-month-old daughter.
20. “The point is, you can never be too greedy.”
Campaign slogan = sorted.
21. “Sorry, there is no STAR on the stage tonight!”
In his Twitter liveblogging of the Democratic debate, Trump seemed to think he was watching a talent show rather than looking for the next POTUS.
22. “My Twitter has become so powerful that I can actually make my enemies tell the truth.”
We think Donald may be overestimating the power of Twitter.
23. “My IQ is one of the highest — and you all know it! Please don’t feel so stupid or insecure; it’s not your fault.”
Don’t worry, we won’t.
24. “I have so many fabulous friends who happen to be gay, but I am a traditionalist.”
What does that even mean?
25. “The other candidates — they went in, they didn’t know the air conditioning didn’t work. They sweated like dogs…How are they gonna beat ISIS? I don’t think it’s gonna happen.”
Because sweating = the inability to solve a political crisis. Gotcha.
26. “Look at those hands, are they small hands? And, [Republican rival Marco Rubio] referred to my hands: ‘If they’re small, something else must be small.’ I guarantee you there’s no problem. I guarantee.”
Along with the petition to keep him out of the UK, can we also campaign for Trump to stop talking about his penis?
27. “Thanks sweetie. That’s nice”
Said Donald in typically patronising style to a female 9/11 survivor. Inappropriate – and quite creepy.
28. “Lyin’ Ted Cruz just used a picture of Melania from a shoot in his ad. Be careful, Lyin’ Ted, or I will spill the beans on your wife!”
Threatening your opponent’s wife on Twitter? Stay classy, Don…
29. “I was down there, and I watched our police and our firemen, down on 7-Eleven, down at the World Trade Center, right after it came down”
Ah 7-Eleven, great convenience store, and def not to be confused with a national tragedy and symbol of global terrorism, eh Trump?
30. “The only card [Hillary Clinton] has is the woman’s card. She’s got nothing else to offer and frankly, if Hillary Clinton were a man, I don’t think she’d get 5 percent of the vote. The only thing she’s got going is the woman’s card, and the beautiful thing is, women don’t like her.”
Speaking from a, errr, woman’s perspective, we reckon ol’ Trumpy may be a little off with this one.
31. “Number one, I have great respect for women. I was the one that really broke the glass ceiling on behalf of women, more than anybody in the construction industry.”
Thank you Donald. Thank you for all your help.
32. “I’m just thinking to myself right now, we should just cancel the election and just give it to Trump, right?”
Ah Don, you ol’ joker, you!
33. “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass.”
Trump proves (again) that he views a woman’s looks over anything else…
Who is Donald Trump?
Donald Trump’s early life
Donald was born on the 14th of June, 1946 in New York, to Fred and Elizabeth Trump. His father, who ended up being one of New York’s biggest property developers, was American-German. Fred Trump was once arrested at a KKK rally and was sued by the US Justice Department for refusing to rent flats to African-American people. His mother was Scottish and had left poverty in Scotland to live in America. So Trump does actually have a family, which might come as a surprise to those of us who’d assumed he was forged in a cave, like an orc. Trump was expelled from school at the age of 13 and sent to the New York military academy.
Donald Trump’s career
First and foremost Donald spent his time making lots of money buying and selling property. The fact that he’s made a great deal of money is one of the central themes in his presidential campaign. Despite the fact that Trump would actually have more money if he’d left his whole inheritance in a high interest account, he’s viewed as a successful business man. Currently, Donald Trump’s net worth is estimated at around 4.5 billion USD.
Alongside the property gig he also starred in American version of The Apprentice (yes, that’s basically like Alan Sugar deciding he wants to be Prime Minister). Donald seems to quite like being on screen because he’s got a massive list of film and TV cameos including Home Alone, Sex and the City, Zoolander, Two Weeks Notice and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Unsurprisingly, given his opinions on beautiful women, Donald seemed to enjoy his sideline as president of the Miss World enterprise (which is basically like being president of the United States, right?) an organisation that put teenage girls in heels and bikinis and then had them jump around on stage. During his tenure Miss World was accused of being rigged, and let a contestant who tested positive for cocaine keep her crown.
Donald Trump’s personal life
Donald Trump has been married three times. His first marriage was in 1977, to Czech born Ivana Zelníčková, who said in their divorce deposition that Donald had ‘raped’ her. She later clarified that she meant she felt violated, not that he had raped her in a ‘legal’ sense. Donald and Ivana have three children together, Donald Jr, Eric and Ivanka. Donald Trump daughter Ivanka has been actively involved in Donald’s presidential campaign.
During his marriage to Ivana, Trump had an affair with Marla Maples, who he married in 1993. Maples and Trump have one daughter Tiffany, who is now 22 and works as a Vice President at her father’s real estate company. Marla and Donald separated in 1997 and legally divorced in 1999.
In 1998 Trump began his relationship with his third and current wife Melania. The pair got married in 2005 and in 2006 she gave birth to their son Barron. In total, Donald has five children and eight grandchildren. Merging the professional and the personal is the Donald Trump twitter persona. Find him and his 10.7 million followers @realDonaldTrump.
Donald Trump’s politics
So how did he go from gauche billionaire to having his finger on the red button? Well, he’d been talking about politics for years, first suggesting that he might run for election in 1988, and suggesting it regularly until 2012. In 2013 he spent an estimated $1 million dollars on research into becoming President. But it wasn’t until June 2015 that Trump called a press conference at the Trump Tower in New York and announced his intention to run for President of the United States, whilst the whole of the rest of the world collectively shook their heads.
Trump’s major campaign slogan is ‘Make American great again’. His major promises are to improve the US fiscal situation with an emphasis on ‘straight talking’, patriotism and standing against ‘political correctness.’
After campaigning to be the republican candidate, Donald became the republication option for President in July. Now, he’s the future President of the United States.
Cue the ‘Freedom Kids’ who performed a bizarre tribute song to Trump at a Florida rally, USA. We expect to see a lot more of this…