A fabulous and tasty appetiser
These make great little appetizers. Buy sweet chilli sauce for dipping or serve on a bed of dressed salad leaves as a starter.
Ingredients (Makes about 10)
• 125g pack of mini mozzarella or Bocconcini
• 1 egg, beaten • salt and freshly ground pepper
• plain flour, for dusting
• 15g fine dry breadcrumbs
• 15g finely grated Parmesan
• vegetable oil, for frying
1) Drain the mozzarella, then dry thoroughly on kitchen paper.
2) Beat together the egg and seasoning.
3) Toss the mozzarella in the flour, then dip in the egg mixture.
4) Mix together the breadcrumbs and Parmesan, then toss in the mozzarella and roll around to coat.
5) Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry until golden on all sides.
6) Drain on more kitchen paper and serve hot.