A verdict of death by misadventure was recorded at an inquest held today
Amy Winehouse was more than five times over the legal drink-drive limit when she died, an inquest into the singer’s death has found.
A verdict of death by misadventure was recorded at the hearing, held earlier today.
Officials told the inquest Winehouse had 416mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood – five times over the legal drink-drive limit, which is 80mg.
‘She had consumed sufficient alcohol at 416mg per decilitre (of blood) and the unintended consequence of such potentially fatal levels was her sudden and unexpected death,’ coroner Suzanne Greenway said.
The hearing was told the singer had not drunk alcohol during July, but drunk fatal amounts on Friday 22nd, which poisoned her blood.
Winehouse was found by her live-in security guard Andrew Morris on the day she died.
The minder checked in on the singer at 10am, assuming she was asleep, but alerted medics when he returned at 3pm and she still hadn’t moved.
Amy’s mother Janis and father Mitch were both present at the hearing.