Marie Claire talks business with the founder of Premier Model Management and star of Channel 4's fly-on-the-wall documentary, The Model Agency
Having started her career as a model, Carole White founded Premier Model Management in 1981 with her brother. Having gone on to discover some of the world’s top models including Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista and Claudia Schiffer, Premier is now a world famous agency – representing over 250 top models worldwide.
As part of our Inspire & Mentor campaign, Marie Claire‘s deputy editor Charlotte Moore spoke to Carole about breaking into the modelling industry and being the feisty star of Channel 4’s documentary The Model Agency – a behind-the-scenes look at one of London’s top agencies.
For any aspiring agents and businesswomen, we’ve got her top five tips for success.
1. Be friends with your bank. Build a great relationship with your bank. Always ensure that you pay on time etc so that in the future they will be prepared to fund your venture
2. It takes two. Go into business with a great manager/partner who has the same vision as you
3. Spread the word. Invest in a great publicist
4. The right people. Build your team ensuring that you employ the best staff suited for the job (I swear by interviewing everyone three times)
5. It’s all about the money. Always ensure that you have a great accountant (mine has been with me for over 10 years)