From Kate Middleton's coat to Prince George's chubby cheeks, we can't get enough of the pictures from the royal family's first appearance in New Zealand
We’ve been waiting for weeks for them to kick off their royal tour – wondering what Kate would wear, what George would wear and how the adorable threesome would interact as a family. And now that it’s happened, we’re eager for more.
So what made their arrival in New Zealand so nice? We’re glad you asked…
1. Kate Middleton’s ravishing red ensemble. The Duchess of Cambridge always looks flawless – but we have to say, this is one of our favourite looks yet. Her scarlet military coat by Catherine Walker is sophisticated and elegant and her matching pillbox hat by Gina Foster pulls together the regal look.
2. Prince George’s all-white outfit. The 8-month-old prince is already a mini style star. He looked insanely cute in a fuzzy white jumper, white shorts and tiny cream baby shoes. We’re not sure if any of his clothes are from Baby Gap – but we can’t wait to see more.
3. The candid family snaps. Up until now we’ve only seen a few pictures of Kate, Wills and George together, and most of them have been official posed portraits. They’ve all been lovely – but it’s so nice and refreshing to see the royal couple unposed, smiling and acting like any normal young parents stepping out with their firstborn.
4. Prince George’s face. Seriously, could this kid get any cuter? He seemed completely relaxed and well-behaved for his first official outing – and it’s a good thing, since he has a lot more in his future. We’re feeling a bit broody just looking at all the different shots of this little guy.
5. This picture of Kate. The family embraced all of the traditions of the Maori culture, which provided for this awesome photo opp.
Got a tablet? Download our FREE sampler to try out our NEW LOOK Marie Claire, or get the May issue for ONLY £1.49 – available on iPad, Kindle (just search the store for ‘marie claire magazine’), Nook or Google Nexus.