Marie Claires fashion team splashes down in the blue seas of the Indian Ocean
We flew to…
Mahé, the largest of the Seychelles. May to September is hot and dry and Qatar Airways has flights from Heathrow from £591 return in May, -including taxes. Get Travellers Seychelles (£9.99, Thomas Cook), or visit aspureasitgets.com.
We stayed at…
The five-star Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort on Mahé, which has 40 villas with ocean views. All rooms have a canopied four-poster bed and there are two small sandy beaches, an infinity pool and a spa offering Ayurvedic treatments. Doubles from £325.
While you’re there…
1. Hire a car and explore Mahé. Picnic at the Mission viewpoint at Sans Souci, then head for dazzling beaches such as Anse Intendance and Anse Royale.
2. See the mighty sangdragon trees in the Morne Seychellois National Park.
3. Lie in a hammock with James Bond – Ian Fleming wrote For Your Eyes Only here.
4. Sample Creole dishes at the Anchor Café at Anse à la Mouche and the Boat House in Beau Vallon.
5. Try to visit at least one more island. Praslin has superb beaches and nature reserves, or head for the palm-fringed coral islands of Denis or Desroches.