Fringes, extensions and every dayglo colour under the sun. When it comes to hair, Lily Allen is experi-'mental'. It's a wonder it's still attached to her head...
Not a red carpet goes by that Lily Allen doesn’t pull out a new statement look. Doing what most of us are too scared to, she deserves serious beauty stripes for switching up her look and having fun with her locks. She’s officially our new hair-spiration…
1. XXL Extensions – sleek, groomed and oh-so-long. Could look WAG-gy, she makes it dominatrix.
2. Blue Flecked Bangs – In dark hair, this hint of royal blue looks subtle but subversive. The super short fringe is very nineties Brit-pop but works when paired with soft peachy make-up and layers of lashes.
3. Far-From-Mellow Yellow – Dying the whole head would look like a cheap wig but dipping her chestnut locks in highlighter yellow is pure brilliance. Not sure how it’d look down, but in that space-age height ponytail it works. A big colour commitment though.
4. Fancy Fishtail – Lily can nail sophisticated too. The ultra long fishtail plait is the perfect complement to a summer dress and the sideswept fringe is super cute to match. We’ll be copying the gorgeous bubblegum lippy shade too.
5. Fuschia Fanfair – Okay, obviously it’s not really her hair and it’s more than a bit out-there, but snaps to Lily for coming up with a hair look we’ve never seen before and will definitely remember.
6. Beehive Braids – She couldn’t do a traditonal updo could she? Not quite sure what’s going on here but the roughed up texture and pulled out sections make it look effortless when it clearly took a lot of arm work to create.
7. Copperhead – Lily nails the Seventies siren look by chanelling Steve Nicks, with starry eyes and a cloak-style gown. Although it’s flame red, she manages to keep firmly in sophisticated territory with an understanded ‘do courtesy of some nifty side plaits.