Obama and McCain reveal their top iPod tunes
They may be in the midst of a presidential election but Barack Obama and John McCain still find the time to kick back.
The American magazine Blender polled the Democratic and Republican candidates for the top ten songs on their iPods and found their musical tastes were as different as their politics.
Senator Obama mixed soul with rock, choosing The Fugees’ Ready or Not and the soul classic What’s Going On, by Marvin Gaye, as his top two, followed by songs from Bruce Springsteen and the Rolling Stones.
John McCain, meanwhile, veered more towards the crooners with Roy Orbison, Neil Diamond and The Platters. More surprisingly, he also turned out to be an unlikely ABBA fan, putting the Swedish band at both number one, with Dancing Queen, and number three, with Take a Chance On Me.
There was one area of overlap, though. Neither candidate could resist giving old blue eyes himself, Frank Sinatra, space in the top ten – though they did choose different tracks.
Here’s the full list:
1. Ready or Not – Fugees
2. What’s Going On – Marvin Gaye
3. I’m On Fire – Bruce Spingsteen
4. Gimme Shelter – Rolling Stones
5. Sinnerman – Nina Simone
6. Touch the Sky – Kanye West
7. You’d Be So Easy to Love – Frank Sinatra
8. Think – Aretha Franklin
9. City of Blinding Lights – U2
10. Yes We Can – will.i.am
1. Dancing Queen – ABBA
2. Blue Bayou – Roy Orbison
3. Take a Chance On Me – ABBA
4. If We Make It Through December – Merle Haggard
5. As Time Goes By – Dooley Wilson
6. Good Vibrations – The Beach Boys
7. What A Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
8. I’ve Got You Under My Skin – Frank Sinatra
9. Sweet Caroline – Neil Diamond
10. Smoke Gets In Your Eyes – The Platters