British supers stars in the Mario Testino campaign
Burberry is clearly onto a winning formula. Following on from the much-hyped Kate Moss and Cara Delevingne fragrance ads, the British powerhouse has brought together bone-fide supermodel Naomi Campbell with It-Girl Jourdan Dunn for its SS15 campaign.
Shot be superstar photographer Mario Testino, the newly released images see the two British supers in a kaleidoscopic array of summer-appropriate trenches, scarves and bags, all shot against a gorgeous blue backdrop.
Though Campbell, 44, has 20 years of experience on Dunn, 24, they were each scouted at the tender age of 15 and saw their careers sky-rocket. While this is Jourdan’s fourth starring role for Burberry, the campaign marks Naomi’s first Burberry shoot since 2001 and is the first time the London-born supers have been shot in the same campaign.
Christopher Bailey, Burberry Chief Creative and Chief Executive Officer said of the power pairing: “Naomi and Jourdan – two great British icons, two strong, beautiful women and the two perfect faces for our new campaign. It is, as always, a real privilege to work with them.”
In the images, as well as the behind the scenes shots, we see the two London ladies sporting enviably radiant glows, dreamy mocha eyes and coral lips. Wendy Rowe, Burberry make-up artistic consultant, said of the look: “This is a classic Burberry Make-up look. It is all about skin with a golden radiance, complimented with a hint of peach. Eyes are subtly intensified with kohl around the waterline and lightly into the lashes to accentuate the eye shape. Lips are softly defined in a coral shade creating a warm finish to the overall look.”
Clearly proud of their handiwork, Burberry have rather helpfully released a step-by-step guide to creating the SS15 beauty look…
GET THE LOOK
· Apply Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base in Golden Radiance No.02 to the face for a golden glow
· Highlight the forehead, nose, Cupid’s bow and chin with Sheer Concealer. Use Sheer Concealer under the eyes to diminish dark circles and even the complexion
· Apply Fresh Glow Foundation to create a fresh, even complexion. Blend around the jaw-line to give a natural look
· Apply Bold Lash Mascara to the top lashes at the root of the lashline. Use a zigzag motion whilst moving to the tips of the lash
· Brush through lashes to clean off excess product for a natural look
· To define the eye, apply Effortless Kohl Eyeliner to the waterline
· Intensify the upper lashline with Effortless KohlEyeliner, filling in between the lashes and blending outwards for a slightly defined shape
· Groom the brows, using the Effortless Eyebrow Definer where needed to create a natural shape
· Apply Lip Cover in Devon Sunset No.28 to the lip, then intensify the colour in the centre of the mouth for a fuller effect
Get in a healthy dose of summer inspiration in the Christopher Bailey-directed SS15 campaign video below…