Kate Middleton cancels public engagements to rest up at home

  • Marie Claire is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn commission on some of the items you choose to buy.
  • The Duchess of Cambridge is taking it easy at Kensington Palace

    Kate Middleton has bowed out of three upcoming public engagements and is resting up at Kensington Palace, having been discharged from King Edward VII Hospital.

    The pregnant Duchess of Cambridge left the London hospital yesterday, after being treated for acute morning sickness, with Prince William and told the waiting crowds and press: ‘I’m feeling much better, thank you.’

    A St James’s Palace spokesman confirmed Kate had been discharged, adding: ‘Their Royal Highnesses would like to thank the staff at the hospital for the care and treatment the duchess has received.’

    Kate, 30, will now take some time to recover at Nottingham Cottage in the grounds of Kensington Palace and has cancelled all upcoming engagements after doctors told her to rest.

    KATE MIDDLETON LEAVES HOSPITAL

    The Duchess was scheduled to attend the ICAP Charity Day in London (December 5), Winter Whites Gala in aid of Centrepoint (December 8) and the British Military Tournament at Earl’s Court, London (December 9) but understandably has had to change her plans.

    Meanwhile, Prince Charles has spoken out for the first time about Kate‘s pregnancy, saying he’s thrilled at the prospect of becoming a grandfather.

    ‘I’m thrilled, marvellous,’ he said. ‘A very nice thought of grandfatherhood at my old age, if I may say so. So that’s splendid. And I’m very glad my daughter-in-law is getting better, thank goodness.’

    PIPPA MIDDLETON VISITS THE DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE

    KATE MIDDLETON’S CONFIDENTIAL DETAILS REVEALED DUE TO PRANK

    25 THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT KATE MIDDLETON

    Reading now

    Popular