Olympic gold medallist Victoria Pendleton is launching a series of 30 minute cycling classes, and as we're always keen on a quick fix, we asked her to share with us her top tips for getting fit fast and staying motivated.
1. Never give less than 100 per cent in your workout – avoid distractions such as reading or the TV.
2. Workout with a friend or get a personal trainer who will ensure to keep you motivated.
3. Limit your recovery time between intervals.
4. Workout as often as possible – each workout can be focused on a different area of your body.
5. Circuit and spin classes are the most intense workouts which burn calories quickest – as long as you commit to it!
6. Don’t scale watch – if you are toning your shape it may mean your lean body mass may increase slightly but you will be a smaller size.
7. Play motivating music – high energy music or just music you love.
8. Make your own post workout meal and make sure it contains plenty of protein and some carbs. That way you know what has gone in it and can be disciplined with what you eat, avoiding the temptation to buy something on the way home from the gym – even though you think you deserve it!
The ‘Victoria Pendleton Pro Cycling Class’ will be available in selected Fitness First clubs from 27 May 2013. For more information check out fitnessfirst.co.uk.