There's a new crop of young women rising up through the celebrity ranks. These girls are fearless, outspoken and empowered.
We’re talking about the likes of Lena Dunham, Shailene Woodley, Jennifer Lawrence and Lorde, who aren’t afraid to say what’s on their mind.
For ones so young, we can actually learn a lot from them when it comes to body image, confidence and a healthy outlook on life.
Listen up, the young folk have spoken:
1. ‘I have pretty strong morals and opinions, and I can’t help but express those, which I think people appreciate.’ Lorde
2. ‘I stand by every mistake I’ve made, so judge away.’ Kristen Stewart
3. ‘You look how you look; be comfortable. What are you going to do? Be hungry every single day to make other people happy? That’s just dumb.’ Jennifer Lawrence
4. ‘I don’t feel like my work is dependent on my size. I feel like my work is dependent on the fact that I’m an everywoman. I’d be an everywoman if I lost 20 pounds or if I gained 50 pounds, because of my attitude and it’s my relationship to the world and the fact that like I have two front teeth that are bigger than the rest of my teeth.’ Lena Dunham
5. ‘You’re only human. You live once and life is wonderful so eat the damn red velvet cupcake!’ Emma Stone
6. ‘My whole life I’ve been so self-conscious about being skinny. And just recently I don’t care anymore. All insecurities are projected because of what you think others are saying about you, but they don’t really matter at all.’ Shailene Woodley
7. ‘Whatever it is, if you wear it with confidence, then you look great. It’s really meant to be a reflection of yourself and who you are.’ Blake Lively
8. ‘I don’t have perfect teeth, I’m not stick thin. I want to be the person who feels great in her body and can say that she loves it and doesn’t want to change anything.’ Emma Watson
9. ‘I’ve always been proud of my body, my Jewish nose and all of that. Hollywood’s Hollywood, but that’s not going to change.’ Lea Michele
10. ‘No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind.’ Taylor Swift
11. ‘There are always going to be kids who are mean and say stuff, but the people that matter to you – the people you love, like your parents, your siblings, and your friends – those are the people you should listen to.’ Kendall Jenner