Hilary Mantel and Zadie Smith are amoung those to make the Women's Prize For Fiction shortlist
Hilary Mantel and Zadie Smith are among the authors up for this year’s Women’s Prize For Fiction.
Known previously as the Orange Prize for Fiction, it’s the UK’s only annual book award for female fiction writers and the £30,000 prize recognises excellence, originality and accessibility in writing by women across the world.
If Hilary Mantel wins the prize for Bring Up the Bodies, she will become the first person to win all three of the UK’s major book prizes.
The ceremony will take place in London on 5 June, with judges including feminist writer and activist Natasha Walter and journalist Razia Iqbal.
Here’s the full shortlist:
1. Kate Atkinson – Life After Life (Doubleday)
2. A.M Homes – May We Be Forgiven (Granta)
3. Barbara Kingsolver – Flight Behaviour (Faber & Faber)
4. Hilary Mantel – Bring Up the Bodies (Fourth Estate)
5. Maria Semple – Where’d You Go, Bernadette (Weidenfeld & Nicolson)
6. Zadie Smith – NW (Hamish Hamilton)
Have you read any or all of these books? Do they deserve to be shortlisted? Which is your favourite? Let us know in the comment box below.