Princess Beatrice’s wedding will not include the usual royal traditions

Earlier this month, Princess Beatrice announced that she is engaged to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi after a year of dating. He reportedly proposed during a trip to Italy in July, and while there aren’t currently many details about the big day we know that they’ll say ‘I do’ in 2020.

Beatrice didn’t need the Queen’s permission to get engaged thanks to a law called The Succession of The Crown Act, which states that the first six heirs must ask the Queen for permission to marry their partner. As she is 9th in line to the throne, she is not required to ask for the monarch’s seal of approval.

And it seems that the princess is planning to do things very differently when it comes to her wedding next year, too.

According to a report in the Mail on Sunday, Beatrice is already planning her big day and she is thinking of alternative venues and may opt for something more low-key than the royal weddings of her sister, Princess Eugenie, and her cousin, Prince Harry.

A friend of hers told the newspaper: ‘Beatrice has said she and Edo are looking at alternative venues because she wants something different. The wedding will not be in Italy and from what they are saying it won’t be in St George’s Chapel, Windsor, either.

‘There have been three big Royal weddings there in the past year or so and I’m not sure that’s what Bea wants. Edo has a child, there’s the situation with his ex, and Beatrice might just feel something more low-key might be more fitting.’

While Eugenie opted for a public wedding at St George’s Chapel, Windsor (the same venue as Harry and Meghan Markle), it sounds as though Beatrice may choose to keep her big day private.

Congratulations again to the happy couple!

Reading now

Popular