Death of DJ AM hints at overdose
Rumours that Nicole Richie’s ex-fiancé, DJ AM, died of a drugs overdose have taken hold after authorities investigating his death say nine undigested OxyContin pills – or painkillers – were found in his body.
The well-known club host – real name Adam Michael Goldstein – was found dead in New York in the early hours of Friday morning.
The latest revelations suggest that Goldstein swallowed the powerful painkillers quickly.
A law enforcement source revealed the news to People.com, saying: ‘He wanted to die. He was going unconscious when he took the last one. He didn’t even swallow it.’
Further revelations suggest that Goldstein was in a deep depression following his break-up with girlfriend and model, Haley Wood.
The same source revealed that a Valentine’s Day card from Wood was found on the coffee table in Goldstein’s living room, which read: ‘Thank God you’re in my life. I love you.’ Photos of the pair in happier times were scattered nearby.
In addition, the police source claims a crack pipe was discovered by Goldstein’s body and when authorities removed the body, crack was found underneath. According to the source DJ AM ‘smoked a lot of crack, barricaded the doors and killed himself.’
No official autopsy results have been released, however, and DJ AM’s friends and relatives still believe his death to be accidental.