Perfect for Summer babies
Though they may be a few letters strung together, names are so much more than that. They can represent a person’s ENTIRE identity – which is crazy, right?! This also explains why it can be a challenge for parents to choose a name for their child, since it’s something that will follow their kid around for the rest of eternity.
To help with the daunting feat that is naming a baby, there are sites like Nameberry, which collects data to find the most popular baby names at any given time. Recently, the organization took a look at this summer and compared it with the same time last year, to see which names have made the biggest impact on birth certificates. This is what they found…
1. Thomasin: This name made a 1000% jump since last summer.
2. Leire: Over the past year, this name climbed the charts by 850%.
3. Rae: It went up 425%!
4. Eden: Straight out of paradise, this moniker rose over 350% on Nameberry.
5. Wren: This name has soared like a bird, going up 260%.
6. Ruby: By going up 250%, this gem of a name is truly sparkling.
7. Cala: Aside from translating to “castle” in Arabic, this name has gone up 225% since last summer.
8. Bernice: Bernice is back and better than ever, rising 200%.
9. Vega: Going up 200%, Vega clearly means business when it comes to birth certificates.
10. Francine: Growing 200%, this name has proved that it’s no longer vintage.
1. Kylo: Star Wars’ Kylo Ren may have helped this name go up almost 1500%.
2. Corin: This simple name is anything but on the popular baby name list, going up 500%.
3. Rex: A 3-letter name that went up 300%!
4. Colm: 250% is a pretty significant jump for this name.
5. Oak: Of course such a baby name would grow like a tree, going up 230%.
6. Jace: A unique name that’s risen 200% in the name of summertime.
7. Theo: Up 184% – perhaps Divergent actor Theo James is to thank?
8. Dane: This baby has risen 160%!
9. Orion: Just like the constellation of the same name, this moniker is reaching for the stars – having gone up 130%.
10. Jude: Shout out to Jude Law, for possibly helping this name advance 130%.
From the editors of Hello Giggles
Marie Claire Newsletter
Celebrity news, beauty, fashion advice, and fascinating features, delivered straight to your inbox!
The leading destination for fashion, beauty, shopping and finger-on-the-pulse views on the latest issues. Marie Claire's travel content helps you delight in discovering new destinations around the globe, offering a unique – and sometimes unchartered – travel experience. From new hotel openings to the destinations tipped to take over our travel calendars, this iconic name has it covered.
How to get Girls Aloud tickets as the band promises a 'magic' reunion tour
The Girls Aloud tour is happening!
By Lauren Hughes
Timothée Chalamet silences early criticism for Wonka with glowing first reviews
His performance has been called 'exceptional'
By Lauren Hughes
Jennifer Aniston makes an emotional plea for fans to honour Matthew Perry's memory
"He would have been grateful for the love."
By Jadie Troy-Pryde