Kate Middleton is a fan of strong brows but our lash professional suggests a new look for the Duchess
Kate Middleton has earned herself a strong fashion following thanks to her way with both designer and high-street threads, but her make-up hasn’t always been held in the same high esteem.
Heralded as the queen of lashes, Sue Marsh, whose celebrity clients include Naomi Campbell, isn’t part of that camp, and praised the Duchess of Cambridge’s look, although she did have a few suggestions.
‘Kate Middleton is simply beautiful,’ Sue told Marie Claire online. ‘The look she wears suits her perfectly.
‘Saying that though, I would highlight her eyes with my lashes in either burgundy/ black or blue/black to really lift her natural eye colour.’
And when it comes to eyebrows, Kate Middleton is a fan of a statement shape and shading, something Sue also approves of: ‘Kate Middleton can wear just about anything… She is young and beautiful.’
If you want to recreate Kate’s look, the eyelash guru has a few pointers. She told us: ‘Opting for strong or heavy brows really does depend on your facial features – it is quite a strong look and may not suit everyone.
‘I would always recommend experimenting your look by filling in and following your natural brow line to create different styles and densities. Fine, brush hair strokes will help to create a more natural look.’
And if you struggle to master the ‘art’ of false lash application, Sue has made things easy with these steps:
1. For the best results, apply your lashes once you’ve finished your make-up. It should be the very last thing you do to complement your look.
2. Release the lash from the plinth using your thumb and then pick up the eyelash strip with a lash holder or tweezers, leaving the band area free for the adhesive.
3. Apply a sweep of lash adhesive to the lash band, leave for 30 seconds to become tacky and then place on your eyelid, on the outer side, just above your own lashes.
4. Hold in place for 20 seconds to allow the lash to secure firmly.
5. Once affixed, release the lash strip from the holder or tweezers.
Sue Marsh false eyelashses are available to buy on QVC and girlswithattitude.co.uk
Watch Kate Middleton’s best moments: