How does one strike the perfect balance between sexy and effortless?
If you’re lucky enough to have bagged yourself a hot date this Valentine’s Day there’s every chance you’re now frantically searching the shops, and your wardrobe, for the perfect date night look. After all, it takes thought and preparation to pull off nonchalantly sexy, understatedly irresistible and easy breezy chic. Let us talk you through our top five tips on how to achieve a V-Day miracle.
1. Lace and feminine. Nothing will make you feel more pretty and lust-worthy than a delicate lace top or dress. If you’re worried that an all-lace look might scare your date (especially if it’s white – did someone say bride?) opt for a subtle touch in the form of lace sleeves or a daring cut-out.
2. Flirty and floral. Avoid girly-girl and plump for a vintage-style print just like this Coco’s Fortune mini dress.
3. Luxe and leather. Because very few of us will actually be brave enough to go all Fifty Shades on our date’s ass this Valentine’s Day, compromise with a cute leather biker skirt.
4. If in doubt… throw on your old trusty LBD and a push-up bra (think less Katy Perry at the Grammys and more Holly Willoughby on This Morning). It never fails.
5. And, if you’re still having trouble, the Marie Claire Fashion Sales Genius site will cut out all the hard work for you by letting you select your favourite high street and designer brands and then picking out the best bargains available to send to you in a weekly email.