Delicious aromatic slow-cooked meat.
Inspired by Moro restaurant in London, this dish is a doddle. Flake leftovers into pilau rice for a quick supper.
• 2tsp cumin seeds, crushed
• 2tsp coriander seeds, crushed
• 1tbsp smoked paprika
• ½tsp hot cayenne pepper
• 2tsp salt
• 2 half-shoulders of lamb
1) Mix together the spices and salt.
2) Put the lamb in a casserole and sprinkle with the mixture.
3) Dot with butter.
4) Pour two mugfuls of water in the pan, cover with foil and a lid and cook at gas mark 3/ 170ºC/325ºF for five hours, basting now and again.
5) Serve with mash and stir-fried rainbow chard or cavalo nero.