The place to be over the last few days was in Dubai, with Chanel. Our Fashion Director Jayne Pickering was there. We've just caught up with her and this is what she had to say.
The place to be over the last few days was in Dubai, with Chanel. Our Fashion Director Jayne Pickering was there. We’ve just caught up with her and this is what she had to say.
1. The whole thing was Chanel-cool through and through: totally glamorous and wonderful; subtle and chic. Our rooms overlooked the sea and were filled with fresh flowers and Chanel scents and bath oils. There was a 24-hour Chanel concierge desk (we could all do with one of those in our lives, are we right?) with staff dressed head-to-toe in Chanel (of course), who were on hand for our every need.
2. The location was BEYOND. The fash pack were rowed out to a man-made island on dhows and watched the show in the most fabulous specially-built building that was decorated with Chanel tiles. Karl Lagerfeld told us he was ‘reinterpreting certain elements from oriental art with contemporary lines and forms.’ We dug it.
3. We shared the front row with Tilda Swinton, Dakota Fanning, Vanessa Paradis and Frieda Pinto. Pretty A-list if you ask us.
4. The hair, done by the lovely Sam McKnight, was fabulous. Big and 60s and voluminous and fun.
5. As for the clothes: Think kaftans, robes, hareem pants, metallic wide leg trousers, tunics and overalls accessorised with baby tiaras in the hair. Prints were loud and jackets very Chanel. It’s the sort of collection you genuinely want to shop from.
Thank you, Chanel. Thank you, Mr Lagerfeld.