AKA 6 times she totally won our hearts this week
We can all unanimously agree on the fact that Celine Dion is on our go-to playlist during periods of strife. Whether that amounts to a shit day day at work or to a world-shattering break up, Celine is our gal when we really need a cathartic moment alone. Eyes shut tightly, fists clenched, whoever it was who dicked you about had BETTER THINK TWI-ICE before they tick you off again.
Celine's maintained a relatively low profile outside of her penchant for a power ballad. Her style in particular is something that’s flown completely below our radar. That was until she embarked on a total sartorial overhaul for her current European tour. Since teaming up with celebrity stylist Law Roach, the legendary ballad-belter has been spotted out and about in of-the-moment brands from Balenciaga, and Saint Laurent, to Vetements and Off-White. And, most joyful of all, head-to-toe Céline.
It was her Vetements Titantic sweater moment that sealed her place in our hearts as someone who truly enjoys fashion. We can all appreciate a little sartorial irreverence, and seeing the My Heart Will Go On singer donning the cult hoodie has given us a new-found appreciation for her wardrobe overhaul. Having a stylist who knows their stuff is a huge advantage, but wearing your new threads with the confidence, attitude and sheer joy that Celine does is a rare and beautiful thing.
Join us as we marvel at the six times Celine has made our day with her fashionable joviality:
1. Neons are no longer just for the gym. Celine merrily rocked this socket-scorching Balenciaga dress with a slick Saint Laurent leather jacket, Le Silla boots, and an oversize Givenchy tote. Pure fashion.
2. That time she casually killed it in a Fendi coat and (just glimpsed) matching violet handbag.
3. Her front row selfie game is STRONG. Taking a cheeky front frow selfie with with Italian socialite Bianca Brandolini d'Adda, on the Giambattista Valli Couture autumn/winter 2017 front row. Dressed in full-look Giambattista Valli, naturally. Even the men behind are transfixed by her. #hero
4. Celine gives good leather trouser Later in the week, she arrived at the Christian Dior Haute Couture show knowing she was slaying it in those leather Dior trousers.
5. THIS dove grey outfit is pure class Dove-grey robe coat, Balmain. Matching hat, Ugo Mozie. Charisma, model's own.
6. Celine is #JackAndRose4Eva too Paying hommage to the song that came to be the world's best-selling single of 1998 (nay, surely EVER?), we heart Celine for embracing the funny side of her wearing the cult Vetements' hoodie.
Marie Claire Newsletter
Celebrity news, beauty, fashion advice, and fascinating features, delivered straight to your inbox!
The leading destination for fashion, beauty, shopping and finger-on-the-pulse views on the latest issues. Marie Claire's travel content helps you delight in discovering new destinations around the globe, offering a unique – and sometimes unchartered – travel experience. From new hotel openings to the destinations tipped to take over our travel calendars, this iconic name has it covered.
The Power Series: Igniting responsibility, innovation, and action in sustainable fashion and beauty
By Niamh McCollum
Kate Middleton proves cape dresses are perfect for party season at the Royal Variety Performance
Impeccable party season dressing
By Lauren Hughes
Free People are here to put the fun back into festive dressing
‘Tis the season to sparkle after all
By Jazzria Harris