A powdery white substance and other drug paraphernalia were found in the late singer's hotel room, according to the report
Whitney Houston’s final autopsy results have been revealed and show that the late singer had a cocktail of drugs in her system when she died.
According to the coroner’s report, police found a ‘white powdery’ substance, believed to be cocaine since that was detected in her system in post-mortem tests, and a spoon containing a ‘white crystal-like’ residue in the singer’s room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles.
It goes on to state that other drug paraphernalia, including a rolled up piece of paper and a mirror, were found in her hotel bathroom.
The autopsy also revealed that on her last day alive on 11th February, Whitney complained of a sore throat with her assistant suggesting that she should take a bath whilst preparing for a pre-Grammys party.
After briefly leaving the hotel, the assistant returned to find The Bodyguard star face down in her bathtub and unresponsive. She had drowned due to the effects of cocaine use and heart disease.
An earlier toxicology report showed that she also had cannabis, the anti-anxiety drug Xanax and the muscle relaxant Flexeril in her system when she died.
The coroner has ruled her death as accidental.
Despite battling drug addiction for years, Whitney was attempting to make a comeback with a return to the limelight with a performance at the Grammys bash and a lead role in the upcoming film, Sparkle, which, inspired by The Supremes, tells the story of three singing sisters from Harlem who form a girl group in the late 1950s. The trailer debuted earlier this week, with the movie set to hit cinema screens in August.