Brit girls Cara Delevingne and Jourdan Dunn join the ranks of the super-rich supermodels.
Gisele Bündchen has been named the world’s highest paid model for the eighth year in a row – but newcomers Cara Delevingne and Jourdan Dunn are catching her up. Well, sort of anyway.
According to Forbes’ newly released list of The World’s Highest-Paid Models, the Brazilian super-beauty earned $47 million (£28 million) in 2014, thanks to contracts with Balenciaga, H&M, Isabel Marant, Pantene, Oral-B, Stuart Weitzman and Chanel, as well as takings from her lingerie line and jelly shoe designs for Grendene.
Gisele took home five times more than the models in joint second place, Victoria’s Secret Angels Doutzen Kroes and Adriana Lima, who ‘only’ made $8 million each in the last 12 months.
But Cara and Jourdan both made it onto the list for the first time ever this year, thanks to a slew of high profile designer deals with brands including Mulberry, DKNY and Yves Saint Laurent Beauty. Surprisingly, Jourdan earned slightly more than her BFF, thanks to commercial mega-deals with Next and Boden.
The best of the Brits though was, unsurprisingly, Kate Moss who came in joint third place with Kate Upton, Liu Wen and Miranda Kerr; each estimated to have taken home $7million in the last 12 months.
21 supermodels feature, but notable absentees include Lara Stone, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Naomi Campbell.
The full Forbes list of The World’s Highest-Paid Models in 2014 is as follows:
1. Gisele Bündchen – $47 million
2. Doutzen Kroes and Adriana Lima – $8 million each
3. Kate Moss, Kate Upton, Liu Wen and Miranda Kerr – $7 million each
4. Alessandra Ambrosio and Hilary Rhoda – $5 million each
5. Natalia Vodianova, Jourdan Dunn, Karlie Kloss and Carolyn Murphy -$4 million
6. Cara Delevingne and Anja Rubik – $3.5 million
7. Joan Smalls, Erin Wasson, Daria Werbowy, Lindsey Wixson, Erin Heatherton, Candice Swanepoel – $3 million