Lose weight and feel fabulous with our nutritious and easy-to-follow summer eating plan
Welcome to the Marie Claire Easy Summer Eating Plan. Summer eating is about enjoying the delicious fruit and vegetables that are around this season. We all know we need to eat at least 5 portions of fruit and veg a day, but it can be hard to fit this into our busy lives!
With this plan it’s easy, as each day includes a ‘5 in 1’ recipe which crams 5 servings of fruits, veg, or both, into one dish or meal. You can repeat these menus as often as you like. You’ll find some great options for vegetarians, too.
This nutritious plan provides approximately 1,700 calories a day. If you’re not trying to lose weight, increase your portion size or add snacks. If you are serious about losing some weight, here are your options:
1. Follow the daily calorie-saving tip
2. Opt out of the mid morning snack, saving you 100 calories
3. Opt out of the mid afternoon snack, saving you 150 – 200 calories
If you follow these three calorie-saving options, you’ll be consuming approximately 1,400 calories a day
What makes the plan special:
1. Your ‘5 in 1’ recipe to help you fulfil your daily fruit and veg quota
2. A daily carb curfew. After 5pm avoid bread, pasta, rice, potatoes or cereal, which will reduce bloating and cut down calories without having to think about it.
3. Easy opt-in or opt-out calorie-saving options
4. It boosts anti-ageing. Evidence may support that consuming 1,400 – 1,700 calories a day can help combat ageing.
For an extra boost, take a multi-vitamin such as a Multibionta. The probiotics it contains will aid the effectiveness of your gut flora.