Guac and roll
While the summer sunshine’s been a little spotty recently, once it really gets going you’ll want to up your picnic basket arsenal. We’re always partial to a good avocado recipe and luckily, the team over at Chipotle sorted us out. Their guacamole is a thing of beauty and thankfully, you’ll be able to eat it with whatever you want as they’ve just launched Eat to Your Own Beat – an online ingredients guide for anybody with dietary requirements. (Thanks, guys.)
However, if you’re down to get a little messy and whip up your own guac – they’ve also shared their secret guacamole recipe with us below. Bring on the tortilla chips!
2 ripe Hass avocados (In the restaurant, we use 48 per batch, multiple times per day)
2 tsp lime juice
2 tbsp coriander (chopped)
1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
1/4 tsp kosher salt
How to make guacamole
1. Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green colour on the inside.
2. Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!).
3. Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.