Antonio Carlucccio's favourite mushroom recipe
Ingredients (Serves 4)
• 1kg mixed mushrooms (Judas’ ear, puffball, honey fungus, agarics, oysters, horn of plenty, etc), cleaned weight
• 1.5l water
• 55g salt
• 500ml white wine vinegar
• 8tbsp olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, sliced
• 2 slices fresh red chilli
• 1tbsp each finely chopped parsley and coriander
• 1 lemon • salt and pepper to taste
1) Any kind of mushrooms can go into this salad so be inventive.
2) Clean them as appropriate, and cut to roughly the same size.
3) Bring the water to the boil and add the salt and the vinegar.
4) Add the mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes. Drain well and cool.
5) In a pan, heat the oil, and fry the garlic and chilli to soften.
6) Add the mushrooms, heat through, and taste for seasonings.
7) Stir in the herbs and serve immediately, sprinkled with lemon juice.