Dust down your straighteners - straight hair is back
London Fashion Week is in full swing, and that means two things: an instagram feed full of enviable FROW shots over which to pour and the return of Runway to Reality, in which we take a look fresh off the catwalk and recreate it to make it a little less avant-garde.
We’re kicking off the series with our take on Anya Hindmarch’s super sleek pony tail as created by Sam McKnight using Cloud Nine. Master it now to get ahead of the game: the catwalks of SS17 have been awash with girls sporting long locks that have been ironed to glossy perfection.
Get the look in 5 steps:
1) Start by liberally applying a heat-protective spray to damp or dry hair, concentrating on the ends. We used Batiste Stylist Shield My Locks heat & Shine Spray in the video. If your hair’s wet, blow dry after this step.
2) Straighten your hair. Focus on the top layer, which will be on display, and then just run the straightener through the underneath. The using the Cloud Nine The Wide Iron – it has a customisable heat panel and holds a fair amount of hair to speed up the process.
3) Secure your hair in an elastic band at the nape of your neck. Try to find a band that isn’t hugely visible so that the line of the hair isn’t too interrupted.
4) If you’re adding a hairband, now’s the time to do it. To stay faithful to the catwalk look, tie it around the join of your forehead and hair, otherwise just position it further back for a more flattering look. Make sure you tie it under the hairband.
5) Spray all over with hairspray, making sure you also spritz the ponytail itself so it remains straight throughout the day.