And her ultimate style tips
You could never argue that Katie Piper’s style is always on point. Whether she’s off duty or walking the red carpet, she’s all about the timeless classics, from tailored dresses to jumpsuits and cosy knitwear.
So it was about time she launched her own fashion line, which she did this week on WantThatTrend.com. The 36-piece collection includes everything from floral jumpsuits to glamorous lace dresses.
We thought it was the perfect time to catch up with Katie and ask her to share her ultimate style tips, and reveal the one fashion item she can’t live without.
- Dress for YOU! There’s no point following trends when you just don’t like the overall feel. Create your own trend, I’ve being doing that for years!
- Wear vertical stripes instead of horizontal stripes – sounds so simple but it really makes a difference!
- Acknowledge the parts of the body you love – I have a slim waist but shorter legs so I love a high-waisted trouser and top combo! I try to avoid boots that cut off at the ankle.
- SMILE – it’s the best outfit you can wear, it really is.
- Colour – don’t be afraid to use it, it can add so many more dimensions to your outfit and colour will bring out your natural features
- Make clever purchases – I love a versatile outfit, something I can wear in the day in the office at my charity, and then dress up at night with a pair of heels, light jacket and pair of heels!
- Accessorise – for me it’s all about the shoes and bags – you don’t have to go crazy, the high-street and online offer some really affordable options!
- Fashion is really important – it gave me an identity when I felt I had lost mine nearly 10-years ago – when you find your true style it can be life-changing – it can give you the confidence to fulfil your dreams.
- Have a go to item. Mine’s either one of the wrap dresses in my collection as they are SO comfy but look so chic, perfect for day to night OR my floral maxi-dress – you can dress up with a pair of wedges or wear flip flops to a BBQ. Also my Valentino’s – my true love!
As for what makes her feel confident, no matter what? ‘Heels! I love a pair of heels, they give me so much confidence, whether that’s for work, or a date night with my husband or one of my speaking events. I’ve always loved my shoes, I’m obsessed!’
We can totally relate to that.