Spoiler alert: they mostly end in divorce
Want to know if your marriage will survive the test of time? Well, just ask the good people of Reddit, who have decided to get to the bottom of how you can tell if someone’s marriage is going to last (or isn’t in these cases), by sharing some of the worst wedding anecdotes that they’ve experienced.
From forced sing-alongs, to violence, and accusations of stealing, with the drama in some of these stories, we’re pretty shocked they even made it to the alter in the first place.
Take it away, Reddit…
– ‘At the rehearsal dinner, the groom’s mom is in tears, because “he looks miserable” and he was, we all knew it. During the vows they had written for each other, the bride starts with “I know I can be a pretty terrible person, and I don’t know why you’ve stuck around, but that’s all going to change starting today!”
‘She flinched when he turned to kiss her. They were divorced within six months.’
– I wasn’t there but my neighbour is a wedding DJ, apparently a couple of weeks ago she was at a wedding where the bride did her first dance with her ex (who for some reason was invited) because he was a better dancer than her new husband, and she didn’t want to get in her words ‘shown up’
– ‘The groom looked drunk and the bride seemed incredibly angry. Then there was this woman walking around during the reception placing bets on when they would divorce. I later found out she was the mother of the groom.’
– ‘The bride’s maid of honor crushed up pills on the main table, snorted said pills, then began to give her speech. All eyes were on her the whole time. The bride cheered her on.’
– ‘Groom got caught getting frisky with a bridesmaid. That marriage lasted for about two hours.’
– ‘One of the greatest things I’ve seen.The bride’s family accused the groom’s family of stealing silverware. It was at the Holiday Inn. Nobody stole anything, the busboys had cleared the table. Cops were called anyway.’
– ‘Each table of people had to sing along to one of her favorite songs before they could get their food. One table at a time. My table didn’t sing (we aren’t very outgoing, and most of us don’t listen to the pop music she likes). We got our food eventually, but when most other people were almost done eating. She looked genuinely surprised that there were people that didn’t like this idea. We also had to watch this video montage of her (and sometimes her husband in it). The music in the video was cliche, and it was edited like a music video.’
So there you go. Even if your special day didn’t/doesn’t go to plan, we’re pretty sure that there’s no way it could be as bad as that lot…