Cave parties and cocktails, boat trips and bar hopping, free club nights and festivals – we pick Ibiza’s hippest, hottest happenings – check them out before it's too late!
Ibiza is better in 2013 than ever before. Here are the things you need to do be doing on the White Isle:
1. Party on a boat. If you’re going to do a boat party make sure it’s a KrankBrother party, which takes place on a 110ft luxury yacht sailing the sea between Ibiza and Formentera. If you’re after an intimate, unpretentious, but super beautiful crowd, then this is your gig. Get tickets here.
2. Mingle with the locals. Eat where everyone from locals to DJs and famous models do at La Paloma. It’s a family-run restaurant set in the middle of a beautiful orange grove, with the added bonus that it’s off the tourist track. Steve Lawler DJs at Sankeys club every Sunday and is a regular at La Paloma, his recommendation? ‘For me, their signature dish is the lamb focaccia… but don’t get there too late or they won’t have any left!’
Steve Lawler plays VIVa Warriors every Sunday at Sankeys until 29 September.
3. Heat Vs. Make-up. Hair and make-up artist Danielle Renshaw used to be based in London but relocated to Ibiza. Beauty-wise, she says it’s going to be all about the bold lips on the White Isle. ‘This summer, update your party look up with a punchy vivid lipstick, plus make sure you stock up on Heliocare SPF from the pharmacies here, I love the slight tint it gives you as well protection.’
4. Party with the celeb crowd. When we think of San Antonio we think of Ibiza Uncovered and rowdy stag parties, but don’t let that put you off. No longer naff, San An is having a revival. The place to party is Ocean Beach Ibiza. Spot celebs like Professor Green and Millie Mackintosh starting the weekend off at the all-day pool parties every Friday or just hang out on the new sunset roof garden.
5. Get your hippy on. Hot new DJ on everyone’s lips Solomun rates Benirras Beach near St Miquel. ‘Go on a Sunday for the most awesome hippy party, where they play bongos and conga as the sun sets, then wait for the applause.’
Solomun is resident DJ of Diynamic Neon Nights every Tuesday at Sankeys.
6. Have a late lunch with the fash pack. The Felder Felder twins, Annette and Daniela, have El Chiringuito on Es Cavellet beach as their top spot. They say: ‘It’s definitely a place to get your best summer outfits out for, you never know who you might run into.’
7. Get some R&R away from the crowds. Book a villa with Ibiza Deluxe Villas. The hand-picked villas with jaw-dropping views, open-plan living and a team with over 15 years experience, plus a concierge service, tick all our holiday boxes. The newly added Skyfall Villa with its four impressive double suites is on our dream list. Get more information here.
8. Is a hotel more your scene? Then check into Es Vive Hotel, Ibiza’s original boutique hotel. This summer sees a complete revamp of their poolside restaurant, new sun terrace and spa, which are all within walking distance of the nightlife.
9. The new way to party in Ibiza is cave style.
The cave rave is old school Ibiza, before the super clubs moved in, and this summer they returned. Keep your ear to the ground for the word of mouth invite. Clue: They are every six weeks – look to Santa Eulalia.
10. Lay your head at the new hot spot hotel, Destino. The team behind Pacha has completely renovated the space in Cap Martinet and created the ultimate Ibiza resort. The small nightclub in the basement has ‘after party’ venue written all over it, and we like the sound of the specially designed Girls Suite, too, for groups of gals on a holiday who want to sleep, party and eat together.
11. Do your research. With a longer season than ever and so many new clubs popping up, whether you’re visting the White Isle for a long weekend or two weeks, it’s all about the party planning. Don’t even bother leaving for Ibiza without Serena Cook’s details. The powerhouse behind concierge service Deliciously Sorted, Serena is your go-to gal on the ground for all things Ibiza.
12. Embrace your inner animal. Head to one of Ibiza’s infamous daytime parties at Zoo Project, set in an abandoned zoo near the village of Benimussa. The totally open air venue is the place to dance the afternoon away. Remember to pack your Mac glitter pigment pots for an OTT party look. The Zoo Project runs every Saturday until 28 September.
13. The Tower of Ushuaia (pronounced Oosh-why-a, don’t you know). The Playa D’en Bossa beach club returns with a second location next door. We are looking forward to checking out the menu at the newly opened Montauk Steakhouse, which has executive chef Richard Turner from London’s Hawksmoor restaurant at the helm. Not forgetting the party schedule, ‘Be Crazy’ by Jean Claude Ades with free entrance from 5pm on Wednesdays is one of the newest parties this year. But if disco and techno aren’t your thing, ‘Reboot’ will bring an eclectic mix of house with elements of rock. More info.
14. The DJ to know. First spotted on the scene at Sankeys last summer, this award-winner is now taking up residency at Pacha and taking the island by storm with his new party. Solomun + 1 is bringing sexy bass lines and deep house beats to our Sunday nights.
15. The pop-up. London members’ club The Groucho is back again for its second year but this time its sticking to its exclusive roots. If you’re a member you’re on the list. Boom.
16. It’s all white. If last summer’s holiday trend was neon, this year its white. Tibi, Missoni and Simone Rocha all sported the Little White Dress at the spring/summer 2013 shows. Wear top-to-toe or mixed with tropical Hawaiian inspired pieces. We love this Missguided floral bomber (pictured below). Look out for embroidery, embellishment and crochet to turn up the heat, Ibiza style.
Do you know of any other Ibiza hot spots? Let us know in the comments box below.