Does your BF pass the test?
Most of us have that one or few really close friends that we put our trust in most.
The friends that turn up with a giant tub of Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie after a break up. The ones that you message first when you have some exciting news. Those mates that know you that well, they could easily choose your fave dish on any menu.
In a poll of 2000 adults carried out by celebration card specialists Hallmark, a massive 84% of the group believed that a true best friend is someone you can go weeks or even months without seeing, but when you meet up it’s like nothing has ever changed.
Even Instagram has a new update changing how you interact with friends. So it's no surprise the study also revealed that almost two thirds would be lost without their best friend. And who can argue with that data?!
And a sentimental 32 per cent of people even admitted to keeping cards given to them by a best friend, with the oldest one being an average of almost 11 years old.
So does your BF have these top qualities?
The 30 signs you’ve found a friend for life
- They never judge you
- Always keeps your secrets
- They're always completely honest
- You don't need to talk to each other every day to know you are there for each other
- Silences are never awkward
- You go for long periods of time without talking or seeing each other but can pick things up as though you've never been apart
- Never gossips about you behind your back
- You can go on holiday with each other without falling out
- You can talk about intimate things openly
- They're on the end of a phone around the clock
- Knowing how to make each other laugh when you feel down
- They make sure you get home OK when you've had too much to drink
- You're happy to share a room together without falling out
- They say yes to helping you before even knowing what you want their help for
- You just know how each other is feeling with one look at their face
- You have private jokes only the two of you find funny
- Always sends a birthday/Christmas card
- Never goes after your ex-boyfriends/girlfriends
- You can always move on from an argument as soon as it's finished
- You're comfortable getting changed in front of each other
- Always remembering the little things, like an appointment at the doctors or something you are nervous about
- You would happily lend money to each other and not expect to see it back
- Turning up with a bottle of wine / bunch of flowers to cheer you up
- Knows your favourite drink
- Will pick the children up from school and never ask for anything in return
- They tell you when you have food in your teeth
- They are on first name terms with your parents
- Never judges your parenting styles, but listens to / joins in on your tales of how it really is
- They cover for you when you need an alibi
- They would never put an unflattering picture of you on Facebook without your approval
Marie Claire Newsletter
Celebrity news, beauty, fashion advice, and fascinating features, delivered straight to your inbox!
The leading destination for fashion, beauty, shopping and finger-on-the-pulse views on the latest issues. Marie Claire's travel content helps you delight in discovering new destinations around the globe, offering a unique – and sometimes unchartered – travel experience. From new hotel openings to the destinations tipped to take over our travel calendars, this iconic name has it covered.