If your sad-looking retro-but-not-in-a-good-way T-shirt and faded joggers are the things holding you back from hitting the gym, look no further. We want a killer bikini bod and it's going to take some work. A new gym kit is needed.
Here's our guide to the best places that have some actually really very nice stuff:
1. Lucas Hugh These guys produce high end cool separates that you don't mind being seen in on the way to and from the gym. And they're tested on professional sportsmen and women. Find them in Harrods, Matches and Fenwicks or directly at
2. Zoe Karssen Think super-cool jersey pieces with super-cool patterns. Wear them all the time not just when exercising. The leopard print hoody is our favourite. Shop Zoe Karssen at Net-a-Porter.
3. Gant Oversized tees are our exercise staple. Make sure your's is loose and cotton. Our top tip: always make sure you have a cool slogan on the front to distract from your red, sweating face.
4. Patagonia Patagonia’s Pliant yoga leggings are the best in the business. Tight around the ankle, super-stretchy, super-quick to dry and the wide waist band make them very flattering. This company have brilliant ethical and eco credentials, too, so it's not just your body that is benefiting.
5. Vivo Barefoot Super lightweight trainers that make you feel light as a feather. Vivo Barefoot are pioneers in the barefoot movement, which promotes following your natural rythms and posture for increased health benefits. They come in sleek shapes and fun colours, too – what more could you want?
6. Nike They have their reputation as one of the best for a reason, because they are. Simple. Their Flash running jacket means we have no excuse when it rains….
7. UGG They do so much more than just furry boots, you know. We love these track pants - they come in a cool colour and a great shape that holds - no baggy knees here, thank you very much.
8. Brooklyn We Go Hard Leave the free ‘welcome’ backpack the gym gave you at your induction at home. Instead, get a cool tote that you can actually fit everything in and isn’t an obvious 'sports' bag. This denim number is worth every penny.
9. Spanx The ultimate shapewear company has very kindly created perfect tanks to enhance our sillouettes as we work out - before all the hard work has paid off! We have a feeling their black ribbed tank is going to be our workout staple.
Don't fancy the gym? Here are 10 fitness DVDs that we're loving right now...
Marie Claire Newsletter
Celebrity news, beauty, fashion advice, and fascinating features, delivered straight to your inbox!
Taylor Swift reveals when she actually started dating Travis Kelce - and why she's refusing to hide their relationship
She's opening up about it *all*
By Jadie Troy-Pryde
Forget the South of France in summer, winter’s the time to go
By Penny Goldstone
The biggest dating trends for 2024 might just get you back on the apps
Feeling jaded by modern dating? Take a look at this
By Lauren Hughes