These spicy scallops will be an exciting starter to any meal
1 tbs tamarind paste
1 tbs water
12 large scallops
1 tbs oil
25g (1oz) butter
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Mix the tamarind paste and water together.
2. Place one side of the scallop into the spice mixture.
3. Heat the oil in a hot frying pan and place the scallops spice side down in the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Turnover, add the butter to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes.
5. Serve with a green salad and the lemon wedges.
Serves 4 as a starter.