Good Natured Succulent Strawberries are now available all year round, so you can make this tasty dessert at any time of the year.
Good Natured Succulent Strawberries are now available all year round, so you can make this tasty dessert at any time of the year…
2 large egg whites
100g caster sugar
½ tsp cornflour
275g Greek yoghurt
200g Good Natured Succulent Strawberries, hulled and chopped or sliced
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp flaked almonds
Spring of mint to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 140C/275F/Gas mark 1 and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
2. Place the egg whites in a spotlessly clean bowl (not plastic), and whisk until they form soft peaks.
3. Gradually whisk in the sugar, adding one tablespoon at a time, until the mixture is glossy and thick.
4. Using a metal spoon, carefully fold in the cornflour. Spoon the mixture onto the greaseproof paper in four large mounds, making a slight dip in each one.
5. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes before lowering the temperature to 110C/225F/Gas mark 1/4 Cook for another 45 minutes then switch off the oven and leave the meringues in the oven overnight.
6. Peel the meringues from the paper and place on plates.
7. Top each one with a large dollop of Greek yoghurt, chopped strawberries and a drizzle of honey. Finish each one with a sprig of mint to serve.