This spicy Asian-inspired noodle dish will really warm you up on a cold, winter evening
Relax, take it easy, chill. Forget fast food and serve up slow-cooked meats and soups instead. There's nothing more satisfying or seductive when it's cold outside.
This fragrant stew is one of my winter favourites. Serve with rice or noodles and stir-fried Chinese greens.
• 1 large red onion, quartered
• 6 garlic cloves, peeled
• 5cm piece of fresh ginger
• piece of fresh galangal if you can get it; if not, double the ginger
• 1 large red pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
• olive oil, for frying
• 2 red chillies, split in two
• 2tsp ground coriander
• 2tsp ground cinnamon
• 1tsp ground cloves
• 1tsp ground turmeric
• 1.1kg casserole beef, cubed
• 4 cans coconut milk
• 1 stick lemon grass
1) Put the onion, garlic, ginger, galangal and pepper in a blender or food processor and process to make a purée.
2) Heat some oil in a heavy-based pan and fry the paste for a couple of minutes.
3) Stir in the chillies, coriander, cinnamon, cloves and turmeric and cook for two minutes more. Coat the meat in the paste.
4) Add the coconut milk, lemon grass and salt and bring to the boil, stirring, then simmer for 2-3 hours or until the meat is tender. The sauce should be rich and thick. If it is too thin, increase the heat and reduce it down for a few minutes.
Marie Claire Newsletter
Celebrity news, beauty, fashion advice, and fascinating features, delivered straight to your inbox!
The leading destination for fashion, beauty, shopping and finger-on-the-pulse views on the latest issues. Marie Claire's travel content helps you delight in discovering new destinations around the globe, offering a unique – and sometimes unchartered – travel experience. From new hotel openings to the destinations tipped to take over our travel calendars, this iconic name has it covered.
Chia water is all over TikTok claiming to boost gut health and satiety - but after trying for a week, it's not for me
The results were.... interesting
By Sofia Piza
People are using face tape to minimise wrinkles, but does it work? After asking a plastic surgeon, I tried it for myself
Turns out, TikTok might've duped us on this one
By Tori Crowther
This weekly Olaplex mask is my answer to frazzled winter hair - the before and after pictures have to be seen to be believed
And it just takes 10 minutes
By Tori Crowther