What did our Fashion Features Director love about the Marc By Marc Jacobs AW14 show at New York Fashion Week? Basically everything.
1. Katie Hillier and Luella’s first show for the label was a real game-changer.
Watch out Kenzo, this is the new street style mega hit. The show may have just made our life. A mash-up of Alice In Wonderland ninja samurai power women with Pippi Longstocking plaits. We want to wear this entire collection for the rest of time.
2. Alexa Chung’s metallic green mermaid dream coat.
She made her name rocking up to events wearing Luella so it was lovely to see her back supporting her pal. Other fun It girls on the frow included Tennessee Thomas and Atlanta de Cadenet (who could possibly be successor to the Alexa crown? A thought). Also that guy from America’s Next Top Model, the one who teaches them how to walk. We forget his name but we love him! Fabulous. (editor’s note: it was Miss J Alexander).
3. The fact that the awesome wedge trainers were called ninja sneakers.
Dream moniker. We want them. A lot.
4. The giant wooden skate park set.
It made us want to get all up on a half pipe and slide. Or something similar. Maybe not in a heel though. Where, oh where, are our ninja sneakers?
5. Backstage post-show Marc Jacobs was skipping around hugging the girls.
After Luella’s ‘four long years’ out of the fashion game these two made one hell of a statement. ‘Well, we wanted to put on a show, so we put on a SHOW’, giggled Katie. Girls, we’re so in.