Prepare to get obsessed (and slightly freaked out) as Netflix launches its new must-see series, Sense8. So what's the deal?
1. Remember The Matrix? Sense8 is made by the same warped minds. Sibling double act Lana and Andy Wachkowski are finally giving in to fans and making their own TV show. But of course it's not just any old sci-fi series - it's an epic supernatural thriller about eight central characters hallucinating their way into each other's lives. Also featuring a live birth. Obviously.
2. You'll be confused. The concept of mind-hopping is definitely difficult to get your head around. Our 8 'sensates' include a Kenyan bus driver, a (very hot and often shirt-less) Mexican actor, a Korean businesswoman and an American transgender activist. A dramatic death sparks a psychic and emotional connection between them, while a mysterious master criminal keeps popping up to stress them out. We know, but stick with it.
3. There will be answers. Daryl Hannah promised us we will find out what on earth is going on as the series unfolds (we made her swear on Chanel a la Carrie Bradshaw). 'It's not a show like Lost that's forever mysterious, things do get resolved and it's very satisfying'. Phew.
4. Daryl Hannah is making her TV debut. She's kicked ass in Blade Runner and Kill Bill, romanced Tom Hanks in Splash and even played Robbie Williams' love interest in the music video for Feel. But she's never been in a TV series (possibly something to do with the fact she doesn't actually own a TV). Daryl plays Angel, the tragic figure whose death triggers so many strange goings-on.
5. It reminds us of Heroes... but darker. There's something very familiar about a group of troubled strangers fighting against weird apocalyptic forces they don't understand. Unfortunately there's nobody quite as lovable as Hiro Nakamura, no Zachary Quinto and zero cheerleaders to save... as yet.
6. You'll get wanderlust There's no telly trickery here - the cast and crew have been filming all over the world from India to San Francisco to Berlin. Lucky them.
7. Tuppence Middleton is about to go stratospheric This talented Bristol-born actress has been flying under the radar for years, but her role as London-based Icelandic DJ, Riley is sure to propel her to superstardom (especially with her stunning new Scandi blonde locks). Watch out for former Doctor Who star Freema Agyman too, who has a scene-stealing role as out and proud lesbian Amanita.
8. All 12 episodes are available on Netflix now. There goes your weekend.
Marie Claire Newsletter
Celebrity news, beauty, fashion advice, and fascinating features, delivered straight to your inbox!
The leading destination for fashion, beauty, shopping and finger-on-the-pulse views on the latest issues. Marie Claire's travel content helps you delight in discovering new destinations around the globe, offering a unique – and sometimes unchartered – travel experience. From new hotel openings to the destinations tipped to take over our travel calendars, this iconic name has it covered.
The Couple Next Door is the new swingers drama that's dividing critics
By Lauren Hughes
Sea moss has been the standout health product of the year - so, does it actually work to boost gut health and immunity?
Holland & Barrett named it as their best-selling chilled product of the year.
By Ally Head
If your fragrance isn't lasting, you'll want to know about perfume oils—here are the 10 best
They're the ultimate luxury
By Tori Crowther