By Rebecca Fearn.
Pinterest has released its annual Pinterest 100, which highlights the platform’s take on upcoming trends for the new year, according to search levels. Naturally, our eyes darted toward the beauty trends, which look as exciting as ever.
Pinterest declare 2019 to be the year of gloss and colour; certainly, the top ten trends seem to reflect this, with bold hair colour choices (lilac hues and natural greys) topping the list, and glossy lips and lids still as popular as ever.
Other trends include the return of spot-busting witch hazel, ‘baby bangs’ (short fringes) and a continuation in popularity of liquid exfoliants.
Check out the full list of the top ten here:
- Grey hair: With searches for ‘going gray’ up 879%, we’re starting to embrace our natural greys and are interested in how to style the look.
- Baby bangs: Searches for ‘cropped bangs’ is up 51%, so embrace the bold look and cut your fringe short.
- Powder dip nails: Using a pigmented powder to lock in colour on the nails, powder dip is rapidly taking over from shellac and gels. As a search term, it’s up a whopping 442%.
- Natural lash lifts: LVL has been huge this year, but beauty fans are finding ways to do natural lash lifts (up 52% in search) using ingredients such as grapeseed oil and aloe vera.
- Witch Hazel: Witch hazel is up 305% in search, showing we’re turning back to the old-school skincare solution for spots and other woes.
- Glossy makeup: From lips to lids, searches for glossy makeup are up 89%.
- Bold lipstick: Searches for standout lip colour is up an incredible 467%, so embrace your fiery red lipstick.
- Almond nails: Almond nails are up 97%, and are therefore the chosen nail shape of 2019.
- Liquid Exfoliator: Up 58%, it’s clear liquid exfoliators are here to stay for the new year.
- Lilac locks: The most incredible search increase in beauty goes to lilac hair, which is up 1077%. Hair dye at the ready…
In short, it’s time to embrace bold hair looks, glossy lashes, lips and lids, and old school skincare solutions. Happy 2019!