Dating site IllicitEncounters.com (which is for married people... yes, we know) has launched an app which tells you how many people are having an affair in your neighbourhood - and we're not sure how we feel about it.
A press release for an online dating site designed specifically for married people just popped into our inbox at Marie Claire HQ and it has got us talking.
IllicitEncounters.com is for married people who are ‘feeling neglected’ and ‘in need of some excitement’ (controversial, we know) and has released a interactive page that lets you find out how many people in your neighbourhood are having an affair.
The Infidelity Index has been compiled using data from the aforementioned site and lets you find out how many married peeps are up to no good near you by typing in your town or postcode.
Spokesperson for IllicitEncounters.com, Mike Taylor says: ‘It is fascinating to see the breakdown of how many people are looking for affairs in your local area, who wouldn’t want to see if they live in a hanky panky hotspot? We have already had thousands of people visiting the website looking to see where their home town ranks compared with their friends.’
And here are the ten UK towns having the most affairs:
1. Maidenhead 1,316 affairs out of a population of 63,580 (2.07 per cent)
2. Livingston 1,080 affairs out of a population of 56,269 (1.92 per cent)
3. Farnborough 1,008 affairs out of a population of 65,034 (1.55 per cent)
4. Loughborough 877 affairs out of a population of 59,932 (1.48 per cent)
5. Bracknell 1,128 affairs out of a population of 77,256 (1.46 per cent)
6. Gravesend 784 affairs out of a population of 55,467 (1.41 per cent)
7. Beeston 702 affairs out of a population of 51,479 (1.36 per cent)
8. Aldershot 776 affairs out of a population of 57,211 (1.35 per cent)
9. Gosport 960 affairs out of a population of 71,529 (1.34 per cent)
10. Taunton 802 affairs out of a population of 60,479 (1.33 per cent
We would love to know your thoughts on this? Do you think the online dating world is going a step too far having a website aimed specifically at married people? Is this Index trivialising infidelity? Let us know in the comment box below.