And we couldn't have called it...
Nothing divides the internet like a dog breed ranking, with every owner wanting to believe that theirs is the top dog.
French Bulldogs came out victorious, being the focus of 39.2 million hashtags, followed by Pugs, Chihuahuas, English Bulldogs and Labrador Retrievers.
These are Instagram's most popular dog breeds...
1. French Bulldog (39.2million hashtags)
2. Pug (29.3million hashtags)
3. Chihuahua (27.7 million hashtags)
4. English Bulldog (24.7million hashtags)
5. Labrador Retriever (19.1million hashtags)
6. Golden Retriever (18.7million hashtags)
7. Siberian Husky (17.8million hashtags)
8. Dachshund (17.2million hashtags)
9. Pomeranian (15.5million hashtags)
10. Yorkshire Terrier (14.9 million hashtags)
11. Standard Poodle (13.3 million hashtags)
12. Beagle (12.8 million hashtags)
13. Shiba Inu (11.8 million hashtags)
14. Shih Tzu (11.5 million hashtags)
15. Border Collie (10.9 million hashtags)
16. Jack Russell (10.5 million hashtags)
17. Boston Terrier (9.6 million hashtags)
18. Staffordshire Bull Terrier (7.6 million hashtags)
19. Australian Shepherd (7.3 million hashtags)
20. Boxer (6.9 million hashtags)
Next came Maltese dogs (6.7 million hashtags), Rottweilers (4.8 million hashtags), Toy Poodles (5.6 million hashtags), Great Danes (3.4 million hashtags) and Golden Doodle (4.2 million hashtags).
Then came West Highland White Terriers (2.8 million hashtags), Labradoodles (2.3 million hashtags), Bull Terriers (3.3 million hashtags) and Shetland Sheepdogs (1.5 million hashtags).
Cue a lot of angry dog owners whose pet breeds didn’t make the list! Ahem, Spaniels.
Marie Claire Newsletter
Celebrity news, beauty, fashion advice, and fascinating features, delivered straight to your inbox!
Jenny Proudfoot is an award-winning journalist, specialising in lifestyle, culture, entertainment, international development and politics. She has worked at Marie Claire UK for seven years, rising from intern to Features Editor and is now the most published Marie Claire writer of all time. She was made a 30 under 30 award-winner last year and named a rising star in journalism by the Professional Publishers Association.
This is the only coat I’m investing in this season
By Penny Goldstone
Billie Eilish asks people to 'leave her alone' after questions about her sexuality
"Why can’t we just exist?"
By Lauren Hughes
Taylor Swift hints that this fan favourite song isn't actually about Joe Alwyn
This is very enlightening
By Lauren Hughes